How important is Corporate Social Responsibility in South Africa?

How important is Corporate Social Responsibility in South Africa?

July 17, 2013  Jonckie

How important is Corporate Social Responsibility, Survey on Corporate Social Responsibility

Almost four in ten (37%) employees rate corporate social responsibility as ‘very important’ when it comes to their employer; three in ten (29%) say the same regarding purchasing decisions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Global majority strongly agree that companies should pay more attention to the environment (61%), and contribute more to society (52%)
Bryanston – Almost four in ten (37%) employees in 24 countries indicate it is ‘very important’ for their own employers to be ‘responsible to society and the environment’ The emphasis on its importance rises to 80% when it is combined with those employees who believe it is somewhat important (37% very / 43% somewhat) that their employer is responsible. Three in ten (29%) report ‘a high degree of social responsibility’ is very important when forming a purchase decision while about half (45%) view it as fairly important for a total of 74% who say it is important.

The study, conducted among 18,150 adults by global market research company Ipsos, asked respondents to consider their views of large companies. The poll found that the majority of respondents ‘strongly agree’ that companies should ‘pay more attention to the environment’ (61%) and ‘do more to contribute to society’ (52%).

 

Read more at http://www.insurancechat.co.za/2013-07/how-important-is-corporate-social-responsibility-in-south-africa/

2018-05-05T10:43:18+02:00 May 5th, 2018|General management and CSR, Recources, Syllabus Topics|